Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
While waiting for our restoration experts at SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia and Columbia to help make water damage "Like it never even happened," here are some steps you can take:
- File a claim with your insurance provider.
- Take photos of the damage for documentation.
- Inspect your carpet. If the backing of the carpet is starting to separate from the fibers, take photos and document the damage.
- You can then remove the carpet in the affected area and store it in a garage or outside. When SERVPRO arrives, we will haul this away.
- If possible, remove personal contents out of affected areas.
- Remove any real hardwood furniture that has been damaged. SERVPRO may be able to restore these items.
- Take photos of any laminate furniture that is delaminating. These items most likely cannot be salvaged.
- If you own a dehumidifier, put it to work to begin drying out the space.
- Have fans up and running.
- Before using any electrical outlets, carefully inspect them for water damage.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (660) 886-5194
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.