The Most Devastating Experience
Make sure to keep these lightbulbs and light fixtures cleaned. In this case, the ladybugs could've been the catalyst for an electrical fire
Property owners experiences a flood of emotions when a fire ravages their home or business. Fear, uncertainty, stress and doubt about the future of the property and their livelihood can be overwhelming long after the fire has been extinguished and the smoke has cleared.
LOOK – LISTEN – LEARN
- Look for places a fire could start. Take a good look around your home and identify potential fire hazards.
- Listen for the sound of a smoke alarm. You only have minutes to escape safely once the smoke alarm sounds. Go to your outside meeting place, which should be a safe distance from home or business which everyone knows where it is.
- Learn 2 ways out of every room and make sure all doors and windows leading to the outside open easily and are free of clutter.
Every Second Counts
- Consider escape ladders for sleeping area on the second and third floors. Only purchase collapsible escape ladders evaluated by a recognized testing laboratory.
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you cannot help them. Plan for everyone for everyone in your home or business, with special considerations for elderly or disabled individuals.
- Practice your fire escape plan during the day and at nigh time.
Fires are Preventable
- Immediately shut-off, then professionally replace, light switches that are hot to touch and lights that flicker.
- Frayed wires can cause fires. Replace all worn, old or damage appliance cords immediately and do not run cords under rugs or furniture.
- Never force a 3-slot prong plug into a 2-slot outlet or extension cord by breaking off the 3rd prong to make it fit into a 2-prong outlet or extension cord.
- Inspect and clean woodstove pipe and chimneys annually and check monthly for damage or obstructions.
- Make sure fire is completely out in a fireplace before leaving the house or going to bed.
Keep Outdoor Light Bulbs and Fixture Clean