Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Laundry can easily pile up, but it is essential to practice basic safety techniques to protect your home.
Not clearing your filter after each use can be dangerous. It is reported that there are over 17,000 fires related to home dryers each year.
Here are a few simple tips to follow to help prevent a clothes dryer fire.
-Clean the filter screen after each load to prevent lint buildup.
-An adult should be at home whenever the dryer is in use and the home should have working smoke alarms.
-Clean the vents outside twice a year to clean out any accumulated dust and lint.
-Commercial dryers should be cleaned out regularly because of their frequent use and shared venting system.
-Don't dry mop heads in the dryer. The dryer's heat can ignite the chemical residue on mop heads.
-Keep the surrounding area clean. The dryer's heat may ignite anything left too close to the dryer.
-The safety of your family is important to us and we hope that you don't encounter such a fire. Be sure you follow these steps to avoid a fire in your home.
What Makes SERVPRO Stand Out
With 100+ employees, easy access to extra labor, and eight SERVPRO franchises, our team of trained professionals are ready!
As a restoration company, our aim is to be the trusted resource among clients. We ensure that we follow industry standard protocols. Our staff members go through IICRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration) training to be best prepared for all the services we offer. They are also certified with OSHA, Lead, and Asbestos awareness. We maintain a large inventory of equipment for residential and commercial work. The extensive list was added to this past week with more equipment being sent to our team. Air movers, dehumidification equipment, air scrubbers, specialty drying equipment including desiccants and generators all help complete the work in a timely manner. Lastly, our team members utilize technology and client documentation to make sure that everything is recorded properly. Our proprietary software that documents and records all the essential information is needed to make sure that these pieces are easily accessible.
Winter Checklist for Your Home
The winter months are quickly approaching, so if you experience any damages from snow or ice, call our team to help.
WINTER CHECKLIST FOR YOUR HOME
Winter weather can wreak havoc on your home if you are not prepared. Here is a list of tips and tricks for the winter months.
WINDOWS & DOORS
*Replace weatherstripping around doors and windows to prevent heat loss.
*Make sure your windows are securely locked to prevent cold air coming in or heat loss.
*Inspect windows for cracks, gaps or broken glass. Replace or repair if needed.
*Clean out any debris to prevent blockage of water flow and make sure downspouts flow away from house to prevent flooding or foundation damage.
*Make sure gutters are properly fastened. Ice and snow can pull gutters down and away from home.
*Cleaning out downspouts help with ice dams.
*Cover outside faucets with an insulated cover if not frost free.
*Unhook hoses and drain them before putting them away.
HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING
*Cover air conditioner with a protective cover.
*Replace air filter in furnace.
*Check duct work in attic and or basement for any leaks.
*Inspect Chimney flue for cracks, creosote and soot buildup before starting a fire. Also, check damper to see if it is working properly and not rusted, or warped. This could help avoid a fire hazard.
*Check for deteriorating flashing around vent pipes, chimney and sky lights. Seal or replace where water could seep in.
*Check for any roof damage which could create water damage from snow or ice melting on roof.
Ways To Increase the Resale Value of a Property Through Restoration
It is a fact: a clean, fresh smelling home sells faster, so that's why we are here to help realtors with difficult listings.
Customers might be concerned that undergoing damage and requiring restoration work might bring down the resale value of properties. These customers will want to know the relationship between restoration work and resale values of the properties.
Customers will be interested in learning what are some of the most cost-effective ways to raise the real estate value of their property. You can provide your insight as a leader in the restoration business to give your customers.
- Have your duct work cleaned out – It’s a good idea to start cleaning ducts before winter hits. This will help you out by ensuring that everyone in home stays healthy, but more so, they will also help you save money and to prolong the life of your duct system.
- Have your carpets cleaned – Brushing and vacuuming carpets, while being helpful, does not count as carpet cleaning. Vacuuming should be done twice a week to remove around 80% of the dirt and grime that accumulates in your carpets. Carpets should be professionally cleaned at least twice a year. Carpets cleaned professionally can remove the pathogens that hide within the fiber of your carpets. Allergens such as dust mites, bedbugs, and pollen can safely be extracted from the carpets.
- The potential dangers of removing mold yourself – We all are exposed to low levels of mold spores every day. However, molds can settle down and spread quickly through out your home. Exposure to certain molds can have effects on one's health. While DIYers sometimes attempt to tackle the problems in their home, mold is one that should be handled by a professional. Mold remediation requires the expertise of a professional with years of experience in safety and properly removing mold from your home.
- Odor Removal – Odors can be concerning when they linger and are tough to eliminate. Airing out the property and using air fresheners are masking agents. Lingering odors can indicate that there is serious damage that has been done to the property, such as water damage, mold growth, or smoke damage. Odors are usually an indicator of a larger issue. If you do not see it, but can smell it, then call your professional Restoration Company.
For the month of September, we want to remind you that we are HERE TO HELP 24/7. You have the power to be prepared.
September is known as National Preparedness Month which means it's time to plan with your family and your community for any disaster. With everything that is happening in the world right now, preparing for the future is a great move for you and you family's safety. Here are the recommended steps for the upcoming month. Week 1 September 1-5: Make A Plan Talk to your friends and family about how you will communicate before, during, and after a disaster. Make sure to update your plan based on the Centers for Disease Control recommendations due to the coronavirus. Week 2 September 6-12: Build A Kit Gather supplies that will last for several days after a disaster for everyone living in your home. Don’t forget to consider the unique needs each person or pet may have in case you have to evacuate quickly. Update your kits and supplies based on recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control. Week 3 September 13-19: Prepare for Disasters Limit the impacts that disasters have on you and your family. Know the risk of disasters in your area and check your insurance coverage. Learn how to make your home stronger in the face of storms and other common hazards and act fast if you receive a local warning or alert. Week 4 September 20-26: Teach Youth About Preparedness Talk to your kids about preparing for emergencies and what to do in case you are separated. Reassure them by providing information about how they can get involved.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned - a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for the cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Marshall/Columbia/Sedalia today for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
We Are Cleaning Experts
We are "Ready for whatever happens" and we can clean nonporous and porous surfaces.
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Marshall, Columbia and Sedalia 888-886-5195
Disaster Recovery Team
No job is too large for SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia and Columbia.
When a disaster occurs in Mid-Missouri, you want a team of professionals who are prepared for the unpredictable. Our SERVPRO Disaster Recovery Team can provide help, whether you are dealing with a tornado, severe storm, Polar Vortex, or flooding.
No job to too large for our team. We are available 24 hours a day and 365 days a year (366 during Leap Year). We understand the importance of seamless communication and timely mitigation. Our ability to dispatch trained production professionals and cut costs through the strategic placement and oversight of temporary labor, set us apart.
Clients for the Commercial Large Loss program include the following:
- The Hospitality Industry
- Property Managers
- & More
Should a storm or major event strike, call the professionals at SERVPRO. We are Here to Help.
Continuing Education Classes
Here to Help educate on the restoration industry.
Why SERVPRO? We believe in the power of education and constant learning and training to be ahead in our industry. We offer both credit and non-credit courses for insurance agents, insurance adjusters, and Real Estate professionals to further their education. The classes are designed to improve knowledge of emergency mitigation and better assist customers experiencing a fire, water, or mold issue.
Here are some of the courses that we offer at SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia
- Understanding the Restoration Industry: Property Fire Damage Restoration
- Understanding Mold in the Restoration Industry
- Restoring Contaminated Buildings
- Restorative Drying for Water Damage
- Cleaning & Restoring Smoke Damaged Contents
- Biohazard Cleanup
To find out when the next Continuing Education Course (CE) is available near you, review the course offerings or contact SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia and Columbia.
Restoration Available 24/7/365
Do you see this? Call SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia and Columbia.
Imagine—You are just getting ready to head to bed, but decide to take down the empty Halloween decoration box. Yes, it has been there for a week or so, but this chore is going to be checked off tonight. Once you reach the bottom of the steps, you hear swoosh, smoosh as you walk across the floor. Soon you notice the water that has invaded your home. Who is available at this time of night?
SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia and Columbia
We are available 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, except for leap year—then, we are available 366 days. Fire and water damages do not usually happen during the normal work hours. They can happen on holidays, weekends, nighttime, early morning, or happen during the work hour and go unnoticed until you get home.
Call the professionals at SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia we are Here to Help® whatever the time of day.
Our Restoration Beginning
SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia and Columbia is Here to Help.
Norma and Don Rutter opened SERVPRO of Marshall in June of 1984. Phil worked for them for a year before he and Rebecca bought their first franchise in January of 1994. Later in 1999, they purchased their second franchise, opening SERVPRO of Columbia. SERVPRO of Sedalia was later purchased, but was serviced by them, since 1984.
Believe it or not, Phil went across the Missouri River on a boat with air movers and dehumidifiers, during the flood of 1993. He made a risky trip to help his customers. Phil and Rebecca are proud to serve and be a part of the community. Helping our neighbors get back to their homes and businesses after a fire or water damage is why we are Here to Help®.
Dirty Ducts in Marshall, Sedalia and Columbia
Breath easy and call SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia and Columbia.
Do you know the biggest culprit for poor indoor air quality? Your ventilation system. Inspecting the ductwork in your home or facility should be a priority. Ductwork may be out of sight, out of mind, but it should be given the proper attention. Dirty ducts can circulate one or more of the following:
- Dirt and debris
- Insects or pests
- Other contaminants
Keeping the HVAC and ductwork clean can potentially extend the life-span of the equipment by allowing it to work at peak condition. This may also, help you save money. Duct cleaning may not be necessary. Our professionals will inspect your HVAC system and ductwork and make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns.
For more information on duct cleaning, or to schedule an appointment, contact SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia and Columbia locations.
Clean Carpets in Marshall, Sedalia, & Columbia
Experience a showcase carpet cleaning.
It is that time of the year again, you know, spring cleaning. We have had a rough winter with freezing rain, sleet, and snow. Have you glanced at your carpet lately? Maintain, protect, and increase the life span of your investment by calling SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia.
- Vacuum regularly
- Spot removal
- Pilating the carpet
- Change traffic lanes by rearranging furniture
- Use mats to limit soil tracked onto carpet
Professional carpet cleaning occurrence depends on the following:
- Soil Build-up
A good rule of thumb is to have them cleaned every 12 months and before they become saturated with soil.
Dirty carpets? Our showcase premier cleaning is the most thorough cleaning method in the industry. Schedule your carpet cleaning with us today and call 660-886-5194 for a cleaning backed by state-of-the-art equipment in our area.
Faster to Disaster in Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia
We are available 24/7/365.
Flooding and water emergencies do not care what time of the day it is. They do not have a schedule. SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia understands that water damages can occur at all hours of the day, on weekends, and/or holidays. We provide emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year.
What to Expect in a Water Damage Emergency
On the initial call, you will be able to speak with someone who will empathize with your situation and gather the needed information for us to arrive.
Our uniformed professionals will arrive on site typically within four hours of notification to begin the mitigation services and address your concerns.
SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia is ready to help those in our community with their water damage restoration needs.
Highly Trained Restoration Professionals in Marshall, Sedalia, & Columbia
SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia is an IICRC certified firm.
Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. We believe initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC industry certification is a must to properly take care of our customers. Our training program includes the following:
- IICRC Training
- Employee Certification Training
- Initial Franchise Training
- Continuing Education Classes
SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia takes pride in our training and what our crew has accomplished. Listed are some of our crews’ certifications they have earned to provide our customers quality service.
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- ECTP - Employee Certification Training Program
- FSRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- IICRC Certified Firm
- OSHA - 10-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- RCT - Rug Cleaning Technician
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- RRT - Carpet Repair & Reinstallation Technician
- UFT - Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
If you would like to schedule service for your home or business, please call today!