Don't Ignite Your Property
By going outside to smoke you are ensuring that you will keep your property and family safe from a potential fire.
Although it isn’t recommended, people will smoke cigarettes inside their homes, which always puts the owner at risk of a fire. In this blog, we will be going over how a simple cigarette has caused significant damage to our client’s property.
- Overloaded Ashtray
- Typically, smokers will often sit the cigarette on the ashtray to complete whatever they are doing. This becomes a bigger problem for those who don’t clean out the ashtray, causing a backup of ash in the dish. When the cigarette sits on the ashtray, the butt can have hot ash ignite the plate on fire.
- Falling Asleep While Smoking
- In the United States, one in twenty (5%) of home fires are started when the person falls asleep with an ignited cigarette in their hands. This is dangerous because a fire could start next to sleeping, causing severe burns or death.
- Putting Out the Cigarette
- When discarding a cigarette butt, you will want to ensure that it is fully put out before discarding it. What seems to happen a lot is when the smoker throws out the ignited butt, which could catch the bushes on fire the escalate to the entire home.
A simple way to ensure the safety of your home when smoking is by going outside to smoke. This is easier said in the summertime, but you can keep your property safe from a potential fire by smoking outside.