Massive Storm Front Causes Major Damage in Multiple States
Last Friday, a massive storm front wreaked havoc as it created perfect conditions for tornadoes to touchdown killing two here in Missouri. Tornadoes that swapped homes off their entire foundation left behind a line of destruction. This blog will discuss what you should do if you are trying to make a damage claim due to a storm or tornado.
- Step 1: Standing Out From the Rest
- It might be hard to get your claim completed when dealing with a massive storm that leaves behind damage in multi states.
- Trying to get your claim completed from a natural disaster might be more demanding since it wasn't an isolated event. Everyone will be trying to get in touch with their insurance provider to restore their property to the preloss condition.
- Step 2: Document EVERYTHING!
- When having conversations with anyone new, it will be beneficial to write down what was discussed.
- This is important because you get the information to complete the insurance claim. This also helps make yourself look creditable since your not wasting anyone's time.
- We recommend that you write down any gathered contacts and their number and any documentation discussed. This helps push your claim along because you're proactive about listening to what you have to complete.
- Step 3: CALL SERVPRO!
- Our team of professionals will compile a folder of documentation, communication logs, and other critical information that benefits the insurance adjuster.
- Using our Proprietary website, our Project Managers can use an equation that maps out where each piece of equipment should be placed.
- SERVPRO is your one-stop-shop as we offer reconstruction services so that we can finish your project thoroughly. Instead of passing the work off to another company, we can hire subcontractors to complete your reconstruction needs.