Archived Blog Posts
SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia Water Damage Restoration Process
Trust SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia for your water damage needs.
Every water damage is a little different, and entails a unique solution. However, the general process of a water damage stays the same. Listed below are the steps for a typical water damage emergency.
Step 1: Emergency Contact
Cleanup and restoration begin with a phone call. We have a representative to answer your phone call 24/7/365. They will lead you through several questions to better understand your needs of the water event.
Step 2: Inspection and Damage Assessment
Our SERVPRO professional completes a detailed inspection of your property and determine the scope of the damage.
Step 3: Water Removal/Water Extraction
This step removes the majority of the water from your home or business.
Step 4: Drying and Dehumidification
SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia professionals will manipulate temperature and relative humidity to remove the remaining moisture. Daily monitoring will occur until the materials reach an acceptable drying goal.
Step 5: Cleaning and Sanitizing
Walls, floors, and other surfaces of the property will likely need professional cleaning treatments once the area is dry. Restoring contents, odor removal and deodorization, and sanitizing treatments occur during this step.
Step 6: Restoration
This is the final step in the process of restoring your property to its pre-water damage condition.
Winter Storms in Marshall, Sedalia, & Columbia
Are you READY for winter weather?
We have already begun to see the snow fall this fall/winter. Whether you enjoy seeing the white landscape or not, it is best to be prepared for winter storms. A winter storm can last a few hours or several days, even knocking out power.
- Create an emergency supply kit for your car and home.
- Sign up for your community’s warning system.
- Prepare home to keep pipes from freezing.
- Test smoke alarms and carbon monoxide.
- Stay off roads.
- Stay indoors.
- Listen for emergency alerts and information.
- Check on neighbors.
If you experienced frozen pipes, ice dams, or roof damage from a winter storm leaving behind a water damage, contact SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia. We have the winter storm experience and expertise to remediate damage caused by winter weather.
Highly Trained Restoration Professionals in Marshall, Sedalia, & Columbia
SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia is an IICRC certified firm.
Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. We believe initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC industry certification is a must to properly take care of our customers. Our training program includes the following:
- IICRC Training
- Employee Certification Training
- Initial Franchise Training
- Continuing Education Classes
SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia takes pride in our training and what our crew has accomplished. Listed are some of our crews’ certifications they have earned to provide our customers quality service.
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- ECTP - Employee Certification Training Program
- FSRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- IICRC Certified Firm
- OSHA - 10-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- RCT - Rug Cleaning Technician
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- RRT - Carpet Repair & Reinstallation Technician
- UFT - Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
If you would like to schedule service for your home or business, please call today!
What to Do Until Help Arrives After a Fire in Marshall, Sedalia, & Columbia
Unsure what to do after a fire in your home or business? Call SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia.
If your home or business suffers a fire, you may be at loss on what steps to take next. The following tips may help reduce damage and increase your chances of a successful restoration.
- Limit movement in the property. It helps prevent soot particles from becoming embedded into your carpet and upholstery.
- Keep hands clean. It could further soil upholstery, walls, woodwork, etc.
- Cover upholstery, rugs, and carpet traffic areas by placing dry, colorfast towels or old linens on them.
- If electricity is off, empty refrigerator/freezer. Clean completely and prop open doors to help prevent odors.
- Change HVAC filters; leave system off until a trained professional can check them.
- Cover air registers with cheesecloth. Tape double layers to prevent soot particles from getting in or out of the HVAC system.
- If heat is off during winter, pour RV antifreeze in sinks, toilet bowls, holding tanks and tubs to avoid freezing pipes and fixtures.
When you experience a fire damage make sure to call the professionals at SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia. We are here to help make it “Like it never even happened.”
Commercial Fire Damage in Marshall, Sedalia, & Columbia
SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia is here to help when a fire occurs in your business or property.
Fire damage can be very overwhelming for a business or commercial property. At SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia we understand the importance of getting you back to your pre-fire condition quickly. Not only may you experience fire, smoke, and soot damage, water damage caused by firefighting efforts and fire suppression systems may occur, also.
Tasks to expect from the professionals:
- Detailed Cleaning – to remove excess soot or other contaminants from impacted areas through HEPA vacuuming and dry sponging.
- Selective Demolition – to remove unsalvageable materials or property.
- Pack Outs – to remove salvageable personal property from the affected area for off-site cleaning and storage.
- Air Flow Management – to remove airborne contaminants and soot and to reduce offensive odors
- Deodorization – to remove or mask offensive odors and return the affected area to a usable space
SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia will respond quickly and manage the fire restoration project through to its completion. We have the training, experience, and equipment to manage your commercial fire damage and get your property business-ready.
Managing Mold in Marshall, Sedalia, & Columbia
We understand mold and mold growth and have the training and equipment to remediate mold in your home or business.
SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia knows prompt action is required with water damages to prevent the growth of mold in your home or place of business. Water intrusions can result from storm damage, plumbing or equipment failures, long-standing leaks and poor humidity control. It is important to address water intrusions to reduce the chances of mold growth.
If you are experiencing an ongoing moisture problem in your building, be on the lookout for:
- Visible mold.
- Strong, musty odors (may indicate mold is present).
- Any evidence of past moisture problems that may have caused undetected mold growth.
- Excessive humidity.
These situations may require the expertise of a qualified Indoor Air Quality/Environmental Professional to inspect the building for mold growth and water damage issues.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation. We are locally owned and operated and take pride in providing mold remediation services in our local communities in Boone, Howard, Saline, Cooper, Lafayette, Pettis, and Johnson counties.
Dos & Don’ts when Faced with a Water Damage in Marshall, Sedalia, & Columbia
When faced with a water damage, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia.
Imagine, you come home from a long day of work and are ready to relax and unwind. You head downstairs to grab some food from the freezer for dinner and notice all the water in your newly remodeled basement. Not the relaxing evening you were imagining. What do you do?
- Call your local restoration professionals at SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia.
- Find the source of the water and shut it off, if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the source of the water.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building, when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
- Enter rooms with standing water where electrical hazards may exist.
- Enter affected areas if electrical equipment, electrical outlets, circuit breakers, or switches are exposed to water.
- Use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water. It could possibly cause electrical shock or damage to the vacuum.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpets or floors. They may cause staining.
If you experience a water damage in your home or business, call SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia. We cover Boone, Howard, Saline, Lafayette, Cooper, Pettis, and Johnson counties. Our professional technicians are trained and understand how to manage the drying process. We never expect a water damage to happen, but if it does, call the team that can make it “Like it never even happened.”
Severe Weather: Severe Thunderstorm Watch versus Severe Thunderstorm Warning
When storms hit the area, SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia is Here to Help®.
Do you know the difference between a severe thunderstorm watch and a severe thunderstorm warning?
Watch: Be Prepared! This is issued by the National Weather Service when conditions are favorable for the development of severe thunderstorms in and near the watch area. The watch area normally covers numerous counties. They are typically issued for a duration of four to six hours. During the watch, stay informed, review safety rules, and be ready to act if a severe thunderstorm warning is issued.
Warning: Take Action! This is issued when either indicated by radar or reported by spotters. A warning typically covers the size of a city or small county. They are typically issued for a duration of one hour. People in the affected area should seek safe shelter immediately. Severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes with little or no advance warning. Lightening is not a criteria for issuing a severe thunderstorm warning.
When storms hit, SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia is close by and ready to respond to your flood or storm damage emergency. We are proud to serve our local communities.
*Source: National Weather Service
Firework Safety in Marshall, Sedalia, & Columbia
Have a safe 4th of July!
Firework season is among us! They are often used for special events and holidays—most commonly 4th of July. Fireworks can fill the sky with their beauty and create oohs and aahs from spectators, but they cause thousands of burns and eye injuries each year.
What you can do have a safe 4th of July…
- BE CAREFUL!
- Keep a close on children and pets when fireworks are being used.
- Do not operate fireworks under the influence of alcohol.
- Always have a bucket of water or fire extinguisher nearby.
- Dispose of used fireworks by wetting and placing them in a metal trash can away from any building.
SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia wants you to have a safe 4th of July. If your home or business suffers fire or smoke damage, contact SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia to help make it “Like it never even happened.”
Commercial Services in Marshall, Sedalia, & Columbia
SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia is here to help you with your commercial restoration and cleaning needs.
When it comes to your business, you need a cleaning and restoration company that provides excellent results while minimizing the disruption to your employees and clients. SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia has the expertise and training to help make it “Like it never even happened.”
We are here to help to your business, no matter the size.
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office/High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Small Retail Stores
- Large Retail/Big-Box Stores
- High-Rise Residential
- Manufacturing & Industrial
Commercial Building Restoration Services
SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia has the expertise, equipment, and highly trained personnel to handle your commercial water, fire, or mold damage. Most importantly, we are available 24 hours a day to restore your property and get you back to business. Our commercial restoration services include:
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
- Commercial Mold Remediation
- Commercial Storm Damage Cleanup
- Disaster Recovery Team
Commercial Building Cleaning Services
Whether your need is removing an odor problem or deep-cleaning flooring or carpets, you can depend on SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia to get the job done right the first time. We’ll respond promptly and make your work space look its very best.
Mold Remediation and Restoration in Marshall, Sedalia, & Columbia
Have you discovered mold in your home or business? Here mold has been found behind drywall.
When a water source (leaky roof or plumbing) is introduced to a home or business, it can quickly become infested with mold. Mold can spread throughout a property in 48-72 hours. It has the potential to produce allergens and irritants that may cause additional health effects.
When you suspect mold in your home or business, SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia can inspect and assess your property. If mold is discovered, we have the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
Mold exists almost everywhere, including indoors and outdoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Read over the following mold facts:
- Mold spores thrive on moisture and can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float in the air. They can enter your home or business through AC/heating systems, doors, or windows.
- The source of water or moisture must be addressed before the remediation can start. If not, the mold can return.
- What’s that smell? Mold can produce a musty odor.
- Higher than normal indoor humidity can aid mold growth. It is best to keep humidity below 45 percent.
If April showers leave you with a moldy May, contact the professionals at SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia. We are here to help our fellow communities.
Sewer Backups in Marshall, Sedalia, & Columbia
Have you experienced a sewer backup? Contact the professionals at SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia to make it "Like it never even happened."
Sewer Backup—What is It and Am I Covered?
A sewer backup occurs when sewage from sanitary sewer lines back up into homes and businesses through drain pipes. Backups create damage to the structure of the property, contents, and can create health hazards.
According to the Insurance Information Institute, most homeowner and business insurance policies do not cover sewer backup. Typically, a specific sewer backup coverage needs to be added to your policy. For most insurers, this is a nominal cost on your annual insurance policy.
There are several causes for a sewer backup to occur in your property. Some include:
- Blockages from Tree Roots
- Sanitary Main Blockages
- Aging Sewer Systems
- Combined Pipelines
What can you do to help prevent backups?
- Dispose of grease and paper products properly
- Cut back tree roots periodically
- Replace your line with new plastic pipe
- Correct any illegal plumbing connections
- Install a backwater prevention valve
Experiencing a sewer backup?
In the event of a backup, immediately arrange services for the cleanup of your property by contacting SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia at 660-886-5194.
Tips on What to Do Until SERVPRO Help Arrives
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
- Do not spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily on damaged or wet areas.
- Do not turn on the HVAC system if there is a chance of spreading contaminated air.
- Do not use household fans to dry the structure and spread contaminants.
Are You Prepared for an Emergency?
Be prepared for the unexpected disaster.
Ready.gov suggests you have supplies to last you at least three days. The Midwest tornado season, tends to occur from mid-March to June and Missouri is considered to be apart of “tornado alley”. As Missourians, we need to be prepared.
Here are some suggestions on items to have in your emergency supply kit:
—3-day supply of non-perishable foods
—Water (one+ gallon per person per day)
—Sleeping bag or blankets
—Cell phone charger
—Change of clothes
—Matches in waterproof bag
—Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
—Whistle to signal for help
—Infant formula and diapers
—Important documents such as insurance policies, IDs, and bank records in a plastic container
While creating your emergency supply kit for your home or business, create one for your vehicle.
SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia specializes in flooding and storm damage restoration. We have extensive water damage and storm restoration training that allows us to get your home back to normal quickly.
Heating Safety Tips
Did your heating equipment cause a fire in your home or business? SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia.
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), half of home heating related fires occur in December, January, and February. Whether you are using the furnace, fireplace, wood stove, or portable heater to keep you warm this winter, take these precautions to prevent a fire in your home or business.
Safety for Heating Equipment
- Keep heating equipment three feet from children, pets, and anything that could burn.
- Do not heat your home with your oven.
- Have a qualified professional install stationary space heating equipment, water heaters or central heating equipment according to the local codes and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Heating equipment and chimneys should be cleaned and inspected every year by a qualified professional.
- Always turn portable heaters off when leaving the room or going to bed.
- Make sure the fireplace has a sturdy screen to stop sparks from flying into the room.
- Test smoke alarms at least once a month.
If your heating equipment causes a fire in your home or business, call SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia. We understand how devastating a fire loss can be and how it can make your home or business unlivable or unsafe.
Please refer to our Fire Damage Tips - Until Help Arrives Guide and follow these tips to protect yourself and your property.
Winter Tips to Prevent Frozen Pipes Bursting
SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia can respond faster to your frozen water pipe disaster.
The temperatures have been dropping and the winter weather is here. When the temperatures go below freezing level, your property is at risk for frozen pipes, which can create a major disaster in your home or business.
- Know where your water shut off is located, in case of a frozen water pipe burst.
- Insulate exposed pipes in your home or business, especially if they are in unheated rooms.
- Open bathroom and kitchen cabinet doors during cold spells to allow warmer air to circulate around the plumbing.
- During extremely cold weather, keep a slow trickle of water flowing through faucets. Running water is less likely to freeze.
- Consider shutting off outdoor faucets and open the outdoor faucet to help ensure it completely drains and the inner valve is shut off.
- Keep your heat set to the same temperature both day and night.
- If you plan on being away from your property for an extended period of time, leave the heat on and set the thermostat to at least 55°F.
Discovered Frozen Pipe
- First sign of freezing is reduced water flow from a faucet.
- Keep the faucet open when treating frozen pipes.
- Apply heat to the frozen sections using a heating pad, hair drier, or another safe heat source. Do not use an open flame device.
- Check additional pipes and faucets for freezing.
When a Pipe Bursts
- Shut off the water at the main valve.
- Call your local restoration professionals, SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia.
A burst pipe can cause considerable damage to your property if not addressed quickly. If winter weather causes water damage to your home or business, call SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia. We are available 24/7/365 and are ready to restore your property to preloss condition.
Holiday Safety Tips for Marshall, Sedalia, & Columbia
According to National Fire Protection Agency, Christmas tree fires are not common, but when they do occur, they are more likely to be serious.
The holiday season is here and we are able to enjoy time with our family and friends. Decorations bring the holidays to light. Keep your holidays merry and bright with these tips to help prevent damage to your home when choosing, placing, and decorating the Christmas Tree.
Christmas Tree Safety
· Choose a tree with fresh, green needles
· Make sure the tree needles to not fall off when touched
· Trim 2” from the base of the trunk, then place in tree stand
· Always place the tree at least 3 feet away from any heat source, including fireplaces, radiators, candles, heat vents, or lights.
· Do not block an exit with the tree
· Add water to the tree stand and water daily.
· Use lights that are listed by a qualified testing laboratory.
· String of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections need to be replaced.
· Read manufacter’s instructions for number of light strands to connect.
· Do not use lit candles to decorate tree.
· Always turn off Christmas tree lights before going to bed or leaving home.
· Remove tree from home/business when it is dry.
· Do not place dry tree in home, garage, or placed up against your home outside.
· Find a local community recycling program to dispose of tree.
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA.org), these Christmas Tree safety tips can reduce the chances of a fire ruining your holidays.
Please remember SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia is here to help you, if you find yourself faced with a holiday fire damage. We are available 24/7/365.
Deep Fried Turkey Safety for Marshall, Sedalia, & Columbia
Deep frying the turkey this year? Sounds delicious! Be careful this holiday season.
It is that time of the year again when family and friends come together for a feast. The highlighted dish for Thanksgiving is centered on the turkey. There are several ways to cook a turkey, but a favorite among some is deep fried.
If you plan on deep frying a turkey this year, please keep the following tips in mind. SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia would like everyone to have a safe holiday with their family and friends.
- Thaw and Dry turkey completely before cooking.
- Thaw the turkey in the refrigerator approximately 24 hours for every 5 pounds, according to The National Turkey Federation.
- Ice or water that mixes can cause flare-ups
- Fryer Setup
- Use fryer outdoors and away from decks, garages, home, and other structures.
- Keep children and pets away from fryer
- Use on a flat surface to avoid accidental tipping
- Tank and burner should be 2 feet apart
- Measure the Oil
- Avoid overfilling by reading the manufacturer’s instructions
- Be Prepared
- Use oven mitts to protect hands and/or arms
- Safety goggles to protect eyes
- Have a grease-rated fire extinguisher nearby and ready
- Finishing Act
- Remove pot from burner and place on level surface
- Allow oil to cool overnight before disposing
Most importantly NEVER leave fryers unattended. Please be careful this holiday season and share these tips with your friends and family that enjoy fried turkey.
If you do become a victim of a deep-fryer fire, SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia is here to help. We are available 24/7/365 days a year. View our fire damage emergency tips to help minimize the damage to your home.
October is Fire Prevention Month – Every Second Counts
Developing and practicing a fire escape plan can increase your chance of survival in the event of a fire. Photo provided by NFPA.org.
Every second counts during a fire. In just a matter of moments, a small flame can turn into a major fire. Be prepared and have a fire escape plan in place, to increase your chance of survival. The best way to be prepared is having a fire escape plan and working smoke detectors in place.
The National Fire Protection Association designates one week in October to focus on fire prevention. This year, it begins on Sunday, October 8th and ends on Saturday, October 14th. Their theme this year is “Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out!”
Fire Escape Planning Tips:
- Draw map of your home
- Consider escape ladders for sleeping areas on upper levels
- Choose an outside meeting place
- Teach children how to escape on their own
- Practice your fire escape plan during the day and at night
SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia wants you to stay safe. If your home or business suffers fire or smoke damage, contact SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia to help make it “Like it never even happened.”
*Tips provided by National Fire Protection Association, nfpa.org.
Is Your Business Prepared for an Emergency?
Be prepared for a flood or fire damage with an Emergency Ready Profile.
National Preparedness Month is the perfect time to develop a readiness plan for your business in Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia. SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia is here to help you get a plan in place for free!
Advantages of the SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile
- A no-cost assessment of your facility.
- A concise profile document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas, and priority contact information.
Schedule and ERP
SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia can put together an Emergency Ready Profile for your business for free. There are no contracts or obligations, we just want to help your business. Preparation is key for making it through any size disaster. Schedule an appointment today with SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia by calling 660-886-5194.
For Immediate Service in Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia, Call SERVPRO
Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia Residents: We provide immediate service day or night!
SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – 660-886-5194
Whether your home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services:
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
IICRC Certified Firm
We are an IICRC Certified Firm.
SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia
SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Are You Ready for a Disaster?
An emergency plan in the palm of your hand.
It is important to be prepared for a disaster before it occurs. 50% of businesses may never reopen following a disaster. The majority of the businesses that survive had a preparedness plan in place.
SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia knows how important it is for a business to have minimal interruption and an immediate plan of action. The SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile® is a quick reference of vital building and contact information. It contains the information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services.
The SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile® Advantages:
- Access emergency plan through smart phone, tablet, and internet.
- Guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information.
Call SERVPRO® of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia to get started and know you are “Ready for whatever happens.” 660-886-5194
Marshall, Sedalia, & Columbia 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service.
SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 660-886-5194
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia
SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
When Storms or Floods hit Marshall, Sedalia, & Columbia, SERVPRO is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia.
SERVPRO of Marshall, Sedalia, & and Columbia specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost to your property.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Marshall, Sedalia, and Columbia, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States. We are here to help!
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 660-886-5194